Monday, November 29, 2010

Player of the Week: Sidney Crosby

Now now, I know, I already gave Sid 'Player of the Week' back in February so perhaps I should have chosen a different player but... last I checked, I am incredibly biased and think that Crosby can do no wrong SO expect to see me choose him over other players in the future as well.

Sid had quite the week, continuing his scoring streak to 12 games, including a lil' hat trick against Iggy and the Flames on Saturday - making it his third year in a row getting a hat trick on the day after Black Friday (ohh hayyy, he also got his 200th career NHL goal that game. No biggie). And for the second week in a row, he was named one of the NHL's Stars of the Week. Oh right, and the second week's voting results came in for the all star game and he is sitting around 218,000. Seriously, if that is not the definition of a smoke show, I'm at a loss.



Oh yeah, and he also came within inches of joining his former landlord (former? I know he bought a house but then I heard the house wasn't ready so he was still chillin' with Mario until it was. Anyways, irrelevant) in his superstar moves of scoring a goal in 5 different ways: even-strength, power play, short-handed, penalty shot and empty net. Crosby scored an even-strength and power play goal and then netted a short-handed empty netter at the end of the game. Had he been able to solve Kiprusoff in the first period when he had a penalty shot, he would've scored five ways.... with four goals.

Aaaaanywho, this week also marks the registration week for 'Little Penguins' Learn to Skate program, which Crosby personally funds (along with the Pens, Dick's Sporting Goods, Reebok and whoever else) to help give kids the chance to play hockey when their parents may not otherwise be able to afford it. He also does hands on stuff with the kids


(Side note, I don't want to hear musings of him just doing this for the camera. I warned you - Sid can do no wrong in my eyes. I won't listen to what you say anyways)

Ohh hayyyy, also, just watching the Rangers-Pens game as I write this and Sid just assisted on Letang's goal, putting his scoring streak up to 13 games bitchesssssss

I'm sure he is quite happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment