Friday, November 19, 2010

Player of the Week: Evgeni Malkin

I decided that Player of the Week for this week (which is technically for last week, I'm just a huge procrastinator and lazy) will be Evgeni Malkin, partially because I am biased and like to choose Pens players and also cause he is just a darn cutie! Aside from his hat trick last week, he has a lil' Russian teenage protege who came all the way over from Russia just to play in a Penguins uniform and wear number 71, even though he barely spoke a word of English. Evgeni probs made this kids dreams come true by meeting him at the Pens practice yesterday (as well as giving him tickets to an upcoming game at Consol)



Yeah I just love that he is a superstar but still made time to meet someone who clearly looks up to him enough to change his entire life in order to be like him. That makes him the true Russian Superstar to me (not like other Russians who go around snowing little Montreal kids, though I won't say any names)

He has had a slow start so far this season (well for him at least, he has 17 points in 19 games which I think most players would be thrilled with) but is starting to shake off the slump and get back up to his point raking in lifestyle, shown by his four point hat trick night this past Saturday against Atlanta



(I think my fave part of this is after his second goal when he totally seems to celebrate by saying "fuck yeah!". Don't pretend like you don't agree)

I also love that he is such a team player and is close friends wit the guys on the team - I mean, sure, I don't actually know that first hand but really, unless you're really good friends with someone, are you going to visit them when you are playing for your respective countries...against each other?


FURTHERMORE, he doesn't back down from a fight, like when Rick Nash tried to pick one with him and Evgeni was like "yeah all right" and then beat the crap out of him. Oh Geno, you silly banana



Plus, like I said before, he is totally Superman. And who doesn't like Superman?

No comments:

Post a Comment