Thursday, November 18, 2010

Big Hockey Night

Lots of hockey news from last night!

Firstly, poor Halak was off his game last night, with the Blues losing to the Red Wings 7 to 3. The first first goal of the game was actually scored by Halak...unfortunately it was on himself. Poor guy. That has to feel so rough.



Meanwhile in Raleigh, Captain Carolina netted a hat trick that encompassed his 200th NHL goal, leading the Hurricanes to a 7-1 win over Ottawa (aaaaahahahahhahaha). I hope Cabbie was there so they could call Mom. Marc shouldn't get all the glory (perhaps I'm still bitter towards Ranger Staal for his shorty against Pittsburgh)


Speaking of captains and their hat tricks, Captain Serious had a natural hat trick against Edmonton, exacting revenge against the struggling team who had won in their two earlier contests. Another thing for him to taunt Kaner with.



And most importantly, the Pens bested the Canucks last night, winning 3-1, with a goal from Crosby and a shorty from Talbot. Fleury stopped 29 of 30 shots, showing that he is indeed gaining confidence and getting back to the goal-tending that he is capable of (woooooo!!) and the PK unit did an amazing job, keeping the Canucks goal-less for 8 minutes and 45 seconds of 5 on 4 action (and actually scoring the short handed goal by Talbot).

I thought they played pretty good.. You know, the guys kept scoring and Flower made the big saves...



As a side note, I am pumped to watch the Snapshots: Paul Bissonnette feature that aired last night. I effing love BizNasty - I think he is absolutely hilarious. PLUS, *I too* love long walks on the beach, fine wine and snuggling. Soul mates.

Watch a preview of the video here - as soon as I find the full interview on YouTube or something, best believe I will post it here. If you are more on the ball than I am and find it, please send it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment