Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Leafs Won!!!!!

I think the Leafs knew that I was losing spirit. I'd started just hoping that they'd score, forget actually win the game. So when the Preds were up 3-0 by 11:43 of the first (with the 2nd and 3rd goals scored 10 seconds apart) I basically just heaved a sigh. I was happily relieved that the Leafs wouldn't get blanked when Schenn scored with 30 seconds left of the first.


Then I wandered off to do something, never really thinking the Leafs would be able to come back from a 3 goal deficit, even if they had narrowed it down to 2.

Then the second period BLEW UP. The Leafs banged in four power play goals in just a little over 10 minutes, including 2 goals from Verbeauty and 3 assists from MacArthur. They held on to that one goal lead for the entire third period and BAM!!! The Leafs beat Shea Weber and the Preds. What a delightful surprise - shame on me for doubting them.

Kris Versteeg got the first star of the night with his two goals and is hopefully doing a victory song in the locker room right now or something. I'm sure Grandma Versteeg was screamign "Go Bitch Go!" tonight


In news of other things that made me happy, the Pens played last night and forced an overtime with 2 goals in the last 2 and a half minutes of the game. Then the only Staal in the NHL without a Stanley Cup scored a shorty (which is what actually forced OT) and then Fleury got subjected to a 2-0 and the Rangers won it. However, the Pens still got a point and Lundqvist was looking superhuman with all the saves all game so I'm neutral to slightly pleased (as opposed to pissed about a loss).

Plus Crosby was a friggin faceoff winning machine in the game (I'm talking at one point he was 19/20). Always a stud.

And THEN, the jerk team that is leading the division that the Pens should be leading got blanked by Montreal. Carey Price blocked *41* shots to get the shutout. That is pretty impressive, I've gotta say. He clearly caught up on his bull chasing this past summer

No comments:

Post a Comment