Monday, November 8, 2010

Player of the Week: Jaroslav Halak

This choice was probably pretty obvious eh? The goaltender deemed second to Carey Price (and thus was traded away) has been playing *phenomenally*, proving that perhaps he wasn't just riding a hot streak during the playoffs last year.


I don't know about anyone else but I had no idea who this guy was prior to the playoffs last season. Well, now I definitely do.



Halak was the sure Conn-Smythe winner as playoff MVP had the Habs made it to Finals (I think he played better than Toews for sure), helping his team come back from a 3-1 deficit against the Capitals to eliminate them in seven games and then eliminate the defending Stanley Cup champions the Penguins (that... was not a happy day... for me....) before falling to the Philadelphia Flyers in the Eastern Conference Finals.

I couldn't really find any funny interviews or something along those lines of him but I will of course include the interview of him just owning Ovechkin's rude comments towards him (revenge is sweet and taking away a player's Stanley Cup dreams is probably the sweetest)


Now (based especially on his fantastic record thus far on the Blues), Halak definitely would've helped the Habs return Stanley to Canada (of course, Toronto will do that this year anyways, so I guess we're still good... What? They lost again last night?? You be quiet, this is about Halak.) just like this song says:


Mmmmm, yeah so instead, as you all know, the Habs instead shipped Halak off, putting their faith in Price. Price is fine but yikes, not the decision I would make. I already compared the two goalies' records in my "Time to Panic?" post so I won't go into it again but suffice to say, Halak seems quite comfortable and at home in St. Louis and looks nothing like a 9th round draft pick.

1 comment:

  1. "of course, Toronto will do that this year anyways, so I guess we're still good... What? They lost again last night?? You be quiet, this is about Halak.)"
    Haha the Leafs have won what, one of their last 8 games? It's funny because everyone here was totally planning the parade at the beginning of the season after they got four wins and now it's back to the status quo. I want Army back!

    ReplyDelete