Thursday, January 27, 2011

Amazing Article

Great interview with Ray Shero. Give it a read!

Some highlights:

"Before the 2008 draft, there was a story going around that we had a deal going with L.A. to trade Evgeni Malkin...So it was funny because I got a call the day before the draft from Dean saying, “Ray, obviously, we’re supposed to be talking about Malkin. Should I be calling you?” [Laughing] I said, “Nope, you shouldn’t be calling me.” That’s exactly how far that went."

"When someone says something about Evgeni, I mean *points up to the rafters at CONSOL Energy Center*, there’s the Stanley Cup banner."

(in response to asking if players ever get mad about the rating Shero and Bylsma give them after games) "Some guys have a really bad game and they get a one! Tough. What are they gonna do, call their mom? This is hockey. They'll get over it."

No comments:

Post a Comment