Sunday, December 26, 2010

Almost Ruined my Boxing Day

While I wasn't brave enough to head out to the malls today, I was more than willing to head to the bar to watch the Canada-Russia World Juniors game. We will ignore how the game started and the fact that they were tied going into the third and just focus on Canada winning 6-3. Awww yeahhhhh.


My good mood was diminished greatly however when the effing Ottawa Senators were beating the Pens 3-0 well into three quarters of the way through the third period and threatening Sid's chance at making his scoring streak 24 games.

Well, luckily I didn't have to lapse into a full depression case because Sid scored his 30th and with it, extended the streak to 24. (Umm unfortch the Pens still lost, 3-1. God damn Ottawa, stupid douchebags)

The stache lives to see another day. (Side note - in his game day interviews today, an interviewer brought up Gretzky's scoring streak record - 51 games - and the reporter asked Sid what his stache would look like after a streak that long. Hahaha he didn't lie : "Probably not much more than this. I think it’s peaked.")


Speaking of my fave teams, the Leafs shocking did not disappoint me tonight and took full advantage of the Devils' struggles to beat them 4-1, with lil' Army scoring 2 goals!!! Love it. (Also Phaneuf and Kovalchuk got into a fight. Nice to know that he is putting his $100 million hands to good use)

No comments:

Post a Comment